Ads

Ads


How I Fixed NO_PUBKEY 823BF07CEB5C469B Error on #ParrotOS

How I Fixed NO_PUBKEY 823BF07CEB5C469B Error on #ParrotOS

A few number of you might be experiencing similar issue and I think its best I shared as elaborate, simple and comprehensive it could be an accurate way forward.
I keep getting the error NO_PUBKEY 823BF07CEB5C469B while trying to run an update on my long abandoned PC, to be honest I don't really know what to do at first but I knew it can be fixed just like any error.

I checked online, and in truth the web is filled with lots of information but not everything is accurate out there, while the authors are not entirely wrong, most of them are merely sharing what works for them, however the right thing is to first understand the problem/error. 

The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 823BF07CEB5C469B
The simple thing is just to add the key that couldn't be verified, using their own key won't work for you! 

So, note the missing key and edit this command to fix it or get it imported.

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 823BF07CEB5C469B

Make sure to change "823BF07CEB5C469B" to your own missing key, then it will be imported and you can run an update command, in my case, I used:

sudo apt update --fix-missing

After that I figured out the error has cleared and I have some stuffs to upgrade, so I ran an upgrade command:

sudo apt upgrade -force

And, since that command is unsafe, Parrot automatically used a full upgrade command instead, which is:

apt full-upgrade

Either ways, I got what I wanted. 

That's how you fix a NO_PUBKEY Error.

Post a Comment

0 Comments